Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Lyme Disease Poem

I thought I share this funny poem on Lyme Disease. If you like it, theres more on this link

Memory

My forgetters getting better
But my rememberer is broke.
To you that may seem funny,
but to me that is no joke.
For when I'm "here" I'm wondering
If I really should be "there"
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!
Oft times I walk into a room,
Say "what am I here for?"
I wrack my brain, but all in vain
A zero, is my score.
At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Is generally, me!
When shopping I may see someone,
Say "Hi" and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, "who's that?"
Yes, my forgetters getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hello!!
I've been a Lyme D sufferer for years now It's no fun at all,
One day I was at the ???
Oh great what was I writing about!? oh well, nice poem!

jim K.

Anonymous said...

My Name is Jackie . I have Had Stage 3 lyme disease since i was 8 years old .
Its Very Painful . Especially with all the symptoms it comes with . I was Also Diagnosed with Lyme Arthritis !
The part i hate the most is The Brain fog .
I cant pick up a pencil and write my name like a normal ninth grader should . Lyme disease is ruining my Life .
I went from ALL Honors classes to who knows ?. I have been outta school for a while .
I also have a PICC Line in my Right Arm .
But if All Of Us Lymies Just Believe we can Win the battle and Get past This Disease .
My Name is Jacquelin Galarza and im Living My Life To The fullest with a twist of Lyme .