Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Is Life a Sexually Transmitted Disease?



I got into a debate with a friend involving life as a sexually transmitted disease. According to MedTerms (www.medterms.com), a sexually transmitted infection is “an infection that can be transferred from one person to another through sexual contact. In this context, sexual contact is more than just sexual intercourse (vaginal and anal) and also includes kissing, oral-genital contact, and the use of sexual "toys," such as vibrators.” I argued that human life is not “transferred from one person to another” but rather created via fertilization. I also pointed out that there are several organisms (life forms) are asexual and do not sexually reproduce. It was an interesting topic and varies depending on everyone’s definition of life and disease.

Anyway, I thought this shirt was hilarious, even though I do not agree with it.

No comments: