Saturday, August 23, 2008

More Measles

The measles story is taking off in the media and, in contrast to the first stories, some of these reporters are getting it right. I haven't read them all, a google news search lists 524 articles on this topic, but I did look at a few and saw some good reporting. The MSNBC report was good: Vaccine-wary parents spark public health worry - Informative and accurate without sensationalism. Even the figure is useful and interesting.

On a totally unrelated note, did anyone else watch the Olympic men's marathon? 75 degrees at the start, 85 degrees at the end, 50% humidity and the winner simply outlasts everyone else at an insane pace to finish in 2:06:32, only a couple of minutes outside the world record, on a hot and sticky course, and then says:
"I had to push the pace because my body gets tired when I slow down."

Okay, that's my problem right there, I tend to get tired when I speed up. I knew I was doing something wrong.

No comments: