Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Final words

Well I told you summer was fast.
We will grade the final as quickly as possible and the results will be entered before the end of the week - probably by Thursday. As far as I know they should be available to you shortly after they are entered.
If you have questions about the final exam, the course or infectious diseases generally then e-mail is the best way to reach me. I may take a few days off before the next quarter starts but then I'll be having regular office hours on Weds and Thurs 12-1 if you want to catch me (or other times by appointment of course).

I have been musing over developing a similar course on the ecology of non-infectious disease (diabetes, heart disease, cancer etc for beginners) - although some of that is already covered by other courses here eg. MCDB23 Biology of Cancer and MCDB24 Genetics and Human Disease both taught by David Kohl. Or maybe a much more general course - How and why we die (including infectious disease, non-infectious disease and 'accidental' death, homicide and suicide). That would be fun, if a little morbid. I think I'd also need to enlist some help with that one. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate your comments.

No comments: